WGJU FM 91.3 East Tawas
Simulcast of WTCK FM 90.9 Charlevoix
Slogan/Positioner: A Catholic Voice For Northern Michigan
Format: Religious; Catholic-based talk
Web site: www.baragabroadcasting.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 20,000 watts (V) / 269 feet / C3, directional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- Baraga Broadcasting on Facebook
- WGJU from TuneIn
- WGJU from Wikipedia
Call Sign History:
- WGJU: 12/16/2011
- WRQC: 11/24/2008
- WZHN: assigned 9/6/2005
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: August, 2008
Owner: Baraga Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 238-8500
- 12/2011: Call sign change to WGJU, which was previously on a construction permit for FM 88.9 in Tawas that is later canceled. Station resumes broadcasting and becomes part of Baraga's network of Catholic-formatted stations in Northern Michigan.
- 9/2011: Baraga Broadcasting is purchasing Northern Christian Radio's silent WRQC FM 91.3 East Tawas for $60,000 pending FCC approval and closing. FCC approves sale and it closes in October, 2011.
- 1/2011: Station applies for remain silent authorization.
- Late 2008 / Early 2009: Simulcast of WPHN is dropped and station changes format to Christan rock as 91-3 The Rock.
- 8/2008: License granted; simulcast of Christian WPHN FM 90.5 Gaylord begins.
- 8/4/2005: Construction permit granted.