WGRD-FM 97.9 Grand Rapids
Slogan/Positioner: Grand Rapids' Rock Alternative
Format: Active Rock
Web site: www.wgrd.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 13,000 watts / 591 feet / B
Broadcasts in digital/HD
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WGRD-FM from Wikipedia
- WGRD-FM from RadioTime.com
- WGRD-FM on Facebook
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WGRD-FM: 1971
Call Sign Origin: Grand Rapids
On Air Date:
Owner: Townsquare Media
Telephone: (616) 459-4111
- 2010: Following bankruptcy reorganization Regent Communications becomes Townsquare Media.
- 2/2010: Station begins reporting as active rock instead of modern/alternative rock. The station began leaning more active rock with the format change of FM 107.3 to sports from active rock.
- 8/24/2000: Regent closes on purchase.
- 7/18/2000: AMFM/Clear Channel merger approved.
- 3/13/2000: Station is sold to Regent Communications as part of Clear Channel/AMFM merger.
- 10/1999: Announced that Clear Channel and AMFM are to merge
- 3/1999: Capstar officially becomes part of Chancellor (now AMFM) with approval of FCC.
- 8/27/1998: Capstar and Chancellor Media are to merge.
- 1994: Format change to Alternative Rock
- 1971: Purchased by owners of WGRD AM 1410; format is changed to top 40 as WGRD-FM.
- On air as WXTO, owned by the Catholic Diocese of Grand Rapids and operated by Aquinas College.