WHAK-FM 99.9 Rogers City
Slogan/Positioner: 99.9 The Wave
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 50,000 watts / 476 feet / C2
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WHAK-FM from Wikipedia
- WHAK-FM from RadioTime.com
- WHAK-FM on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WHAK-FM: 4/1/1997
- WELG: assigned 2/1/1994
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: about 1994
Owner: Edwards Communications
Telephone: (989) 734-9960
- 6/13/2006: FCC officially cancels license for W268AB 101.5 Alpena (was not owned by Edwards Communications, but instead by Bruce Dietz)
- 2005: License for W268AB 101.5 Alpena expired in October 2004. No application was filed for license renewal during Michigan's 2004 filing window- this station is likely silent and no longer licensed.
- 12/21/2004: FCC approves sale to Edwards Communications.
- 10/20/2004: Station, along with WHAK-AM 960, WCLS-FM 100.7, and WHSB-FM 107.7 is sold by Northern Radio Network for $1,354,978.99 to Edwards Communications pending FCC approval.
- 7/2004: WCLS drops simulcast.
- 6/2004: WCLS-FM 100.7 Oscoda begins simulcasting WHAK-FM.
- 4/1/1999: Format change from country to oldies.
- about 1994: On-air with country format as WELG 'The Eagle'.
Presque Isle County