WHNN FM 96.1 Bay City
Slogan/Positioner: 96 WHNN; All Classics All The Time
Format: Classic Hits
Web site: www.whnn.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 100,000 watts / 1,020 feet / C
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WHNN from Wikipedia
- WHNN from RadioTime.com
- WHNN on Facebook
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: approximately late 1960s
Owner: Cumulus Media
Telephone: (989) 776-2100
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging/acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011.
- 2007: Format evolves from oldies to classic hits.
- 2/17/2000: FCC approves sale of 7 stations from Liggett Broadcasting to Citadel
- Fall 1990: Following a stunt of playing The Kingsmen "Louie, Louie" WNHH changes format and becomes 'Oldies 96'
- 6/1981: Format switch from Rock to Adult Contemporary
- 197x: Format switch to Album Oriented Rock, 'Win 96'
- 197x: Format is Top 40 'Super Win', calls to WHNN
- 196x: On air as WBCM-FM, format is beautiful music, aka Muzak.