WIDG AM 940 St. Ignace
Simulcast of WTCK FM 90.9 Charlevoix
Slogan/Positioner: Catholic voice of Northern Michigan
Format: Religious; Catholic-based talk
Web site: www.baragabroadcasting.com
E-mail: visit web site
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 5,000 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 4 watts / 1, omnidirectional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage areas: Day, Night
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WIDG from Wikipedia
- WTCK from Wikipedia
- WIDG from RadioTime.com
Call Sign History:
- WIDG: 5/6/1985
- WLVM: 7/30/1982
Call Sign Origin: Widge By the (Mackinac) Bridge
On Air Date:
Owner: Baraga Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 238-0811
- 9/2008: Announced that Northern Star Broadcasting is selling station to Baraga Broadcasting for $100,000 pending FCC approval and closing. Sale is approved in October 2008 and religious programming began airing on AM 940 later in the fall of 2008 as a simulcast of co-owned WTCK FM 90.9 Charlevoix.
- Summer 2008: Station goes silent after lightning damages transmitter.
- 11/1999: Format switch from classic country to sports as 'The Fan'.
- 9/15/1998: Station is transferred from Calibre Communications to Northern Star Broadcasting.
- 199x: Format change to classic country as 'Classic KC Country'.
- 199x: Format change to oldies as 'Cool 940'.
- 1985: Format change from middle-of-the-road to country simulcasting sister station WMKC-FM 102.9.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: