Former WKBZ AM 1520 Muskegon Heights
All information is from before the station went silent
Last known format: Children's/Pop Music
Call Sign History:
- WKBZ: 3/2/1999
- WQWQ: 7/24/1992
- WWEZ: 2/1/1992
- WQWQ: 4/9/1990
On Air Date:
Off Air Date: March 2001
Former Owner: WLC Broadcasting
- Former tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
- 6/20/2002: License is cancelled
- 3/2001: Station is silent as WLC Broadcasting also goes bankrupt, assets claimed by creditors
- 2/5/2001: Station becomes affiliate of Radio Disney
- 1/2001: Announced that Carolina National Communications will be acquiring station
- 1/2001: News/Talk format is dropped in favor of taped music. Stated station will be going in new direction.
- 2000: Ownership reverts back to WLC Broadcasting after Harbor Pointe goes bankrupt
- 9/8/1999: FCC approves Harbor Pointe's purchase of station
- 7/30/1999: Harbor Pointe Broadcasting acquires station from WLC Broadcasting
- 3/2/1999: Call sign change for 1520 to WKBZ as the GVSU owned 95.3/850 change to WGVS.
- 11/25/1998: WLC returns WKBZ FM/AM 850 to Grand Valley State University as a result of a bankruptcy settlement. Format of WKBZ-AM 850 moves to 1520 along with call sign.