WJIM AM 1240 Lansing
Slogan/Positioner: Lansing's Big Talker
Web site: www.wjimam.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 890 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 890 watts / 1, omnidirectional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage areas: Day, Night
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WJIM from Wikipedia
- WJIM from RadioTime.com
- WJIM on Facebook
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin: Jim Gross, son of original owner Harold Gross
On Air Date: 1934
Owner: Cumulus Media
Telephone: (517) 394-7272
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging/acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011.
- 2/17/2000: FCC approves sale of 7 stations from Liggett Broadcasting to Citadel.
- 19xx: Station adds, then drops AM stereo
- 19xx: Liggett acquires station
- 1960s: Format is Top 40 as 'Big Jim 1240'.
- 1941: Frequency change to 1240.
- 1934: On air at AM 1210 with 250 watts daytime and 100 watts at night. Owner is Gross Telecasting.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location: