WJIM-FM 97.5 Lansing
Slogan/Positioner: 97.5 Now FM; Lansing's Hit Music Station
Format: Top 40 / Contemporary Hits
Web site: www.975now.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 45,000 watts / 512 feet / B
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WJIM-FM on Facebook
- WJIM-FM from TuneIn
- WJIM-FM from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin: Jim Gross, son of original owner Harold Gross
On Air Date: June 1960
Owner: Cumulus Media
Telephone: (517) 394-7272
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging/acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011.
- 9/15/2005: At 10:00AM, "Oldies 97.5" is dropped after playing American Pie in favor of new Contemporary Hits format. Morning man Rich Michaels moves to sister station Classic Rock WMMQ-FM 94.9.
- 2/17/2000: FCC approves sale of 7 stations from Liggett Broadcasting to Citadel.
- 9/1995: Format change to oldies as "Oldies 97.5".
- Early 1990s: Easy listening format evolves into soft adult contemporary.
- 6/1960: On-air as sister station to WJIM AM 1240; format is beautiful music / easy listening.
Old logo gallery: