WJML AM 1110 Petoskey
Simulcast on WJNL AM 1210 Kingsley/Traverse City
Slogan/Positioner: WJML News-Talk 1110 & 1210; The Talk of the North
Web site: www.wjml.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 10,000 watts / 2 / directional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 10 watts / 2 / directional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage areas: Day, Night
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WJML from Wikipedia
- WJML from RadioTime.com
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin: John, Michael, and Linda Harrington
(children of original owner)
On Air Date: December 6, 1966
Owner: Stone Communications
Telephone: (231) 348-5000
- 4/2007: After sister station WWKK AM 750 is swapped to Fort Bend Broadcasting in exchange for AM 1210 Kingsley/Traverse City, AM 1210 becomes WJNL and begins simulcasting WJML. Talk programming from both WWKK and WJML is combined/simulcast on the WJML/WJNL combo.
- 2003: Sales agreement was never completed by Basic Licensing; station remains under control of Stone Communications
- 10/2002: FCC approves sale of WJML and WWKK
- 9/2002: Announced that station, along with WWKK-AM 750, has been sold to Basic Licensing for $900,000 by Stone Communications
- 19xx: WJML AM is purchased by Stone Communications and the station restarts operations with a Talk format
- 1989: WJML-FM/AM sold to Northern Radio of Michigan; shortly thereafter WJML-FM becomes simulcast of Rock WKLT as WKLZ and AM 1110 is silenced and put up for sale.
- 1983: Format change to Adult Contemporary
- 1983: Bob and Tom leave for Indianapolis
- 197x: Bob Kevoian and Tom Griswold (Bob & Tom) take over mornings at WJML, the first time the duo worked together.
- 1977: Format change to Top 40 as 'WJML The Music Station'
- 12/6/1966: Station is on-air operating daytime only as sister station to WJML-FM 98.9; WJML-FM was one of northern Michigan's first FM's. Format of both WJML and WJML-FM is Middle of the Road.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: