WJRW AM 1340 Grand Rapids
Slogan/Positioner: We're Talking West Michigan
Web site: www.wjrwam.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 1, omnidirectional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WJRW from Wikipedia
- WJRW from RadioTime.com
- WJRW on Facebook
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WJRW: 7/27/2009
- WBBL: 6/1/1994
- WLAV: 3/1/1984
- WTWN: 9/1/1980
- WLAV: sign on, 1940
Call Sign Origin: Similar to sister station WJR Detroit
On Air Date: 9/18/1940
Owner: Cumulus Media
Telephone: (616) 456-5461
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging/acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011.
- 8/10/2009: Simulcast with FM 107.3 ends and AM 1340 changes format to talk using WJRW call sign as a take of on Detroit sister station WJR.
- 5/28/2009: The Ball gains an FM signal as FM 107.3 Greenville begins simulcast with AM 1340. FM 107.3 becomes WBBL-FM.
- 4/6/2000: FCC approves sale of station from Michigan Media (Bloomington Broadcasting) to Citadel
- 5/25/1994: Format switch to all sports as "The Ball"
- 1992: Modern rock format debuts as '1340 Underground'.
- 1984: Talk format gives way to oldies, WLAV call sign restored.
- 1980: Format is talk as WTWN '1340 Townhouse'.
- 1974: Top-40 format evolves into softer adult rock sound.
- 1963: Format is Top-40 around the clock.
- 1940: On-air
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: