WJZJ FM 95.5 Glen Arbor/Traverse City
Simulcast on WGFM FM 105.1 Cheboygan
Slogan/Positioner: Real Rock 105.1 / 95.5
Web site: www.realrockradio.fm
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 21,000 watts / 738 feet / C2
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WJZJ from Wikipedia
- WJZJ from RadioTime.com
- WJZJ on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WJZJ: 3/31/1997
- WTHM: 4/13/1989
Call Sign Origin: Light Jazz (previous format)
On Air Date: about February, 1997
Owner: Northern Star Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 922-4981
- 4/2010: Classic Rock The Bear adds two new signals: WAVC 93.9 Mio and WLJZ 94.5 Mackinaw City. Bob and Tom morning show begins airing on these frequencies with Free Beer & Hot Wings added to 105.1 in August, making 95.5 and 105.1 essentially full-time simulcasts.
- 9/14/2009: Modern rock format is changed to mainstream rock and partial simulast with WGFM 105.1 Cheboygan begins. WGFM and WJZJ simulcast with the exception of mornings when 95.5 airs 'Free Beer & Hot Wings' syndicated out of Grand Rapids and 105.1 continues to air 'Bob & Tom' syndicated out of Indianapolis.
- 6/26/2006: WLJZ FM 94.5 Mackinaw City drops simulcast and takes on Hot Adult Contemporary format leaving WJZJ 95.5 as the sole outlet for Modern Rock in northern Michigan.
- 3/26/2001: WAVC-FM switches from 'The Zone' to 'Big Country' simulcast, leaving WJZJ and WLJZ as simulcasters of Modern Rock format
- 9/15/1998: Station is transferred from Calibre Communications to Northern Star Broadcasting
- 3/16/1998: Format switch to Modern Rock as 'The Zone'
- 1998: Calibre Communications purchases station from Del Reynolds.
- 1997: 93.9 WAVC added to Coast FM 'triplecast'
- 1997: On air with Smooth Jazz format as 'Coast FM', calls to WJZJ. Simulcast on WLJZ-FM 94.5 Mackinaw City.
Old logo gallery: