WKHQ-FM 105.9 Charlevoix/Traverse City
Slogan/Positioner: 106 'KHQ; Northern Michigan's Hit Music Station
Format: Contemporary Hits / Top 40
Web site: www.106khq.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 100,000 watts / 892 feet / C1
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WKHQ from Wikipedia
- WKHQ from RadioTime.com
- WKHQ on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WKHQ-FM: 4/8/1985
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: May 8, 1980
Telephone: (231) 347-8713
- 2009: W221BQ switches to rebroadcast of WMKT AM 1270.
- 6/2008: W221BQ begins rebroadcasting WKHQ, license granted to Great Lakes Community Broadcasting in July 2008.
- 3/2008: MacDonald Garber Broadcasting is purchasing the construction permit for W221BQ 92.1 Petoskey from Great Lakes Community Broadcasting for $1,500 pending FCC approval and closing. The FCC approves the sale in May, 2008. MacDonald Garber files for special temporary authority to rebroadcast its WMKT AM 1270 on FM 92.1.
- 199x: Format evolves to Hot AC then transitions back to Contemporary Hits
- 1994: MacDonald Broadcasting purchases station. MacDonald would later split into two separate companies, with MacDonald-Garber controlling the northern Michigan stations.
- 198x: Tim Moore sell station to Midwest Family Broadcasting and then repurchases it shortly thereafter. There was also another sales attempt in the 1980s.
- 5/8/1980: Station signs on, owner is Tim Moore, format is Top 40.