WKLA AM 1450 Ludington
Slogan/Positioner: TalkRadio 1450
Web site: www.wkla.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 1, omnidirectional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WKLA from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin: Karl L. Ashbacker (original owner)
On Air Date: October 8, 1944
Owner: Lake Michigan Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 843-3438
- 1996: Owner Chickering & Associates sells stations to Lake Michigan Broadcasting.
- 1971: WKLA-FM begins operations.
- 1949: New owner is Raymond A. Plank, eventually owned by Thomas Plank.
- 1944: On-air, owned by Karl Ashbacker who had previously owned WKBZ in Ludington and had moved that station to Muskegon.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location: