WLDR-FM 101.9 Traverse City
Simulcast on WARD AM 750 Petoskey
Slogan/Positioner: Sunny Country 101.9
Web site: www.wldrradio.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 100,000 watts / 630 feet / C1
Broadcasts in digital/HD
- HD2: Smooth Jazz (The Vineyard)
- HD3: Sports (Fox Sports Radio)
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WLDR-FM from Wikipedia
- WLDR-FM from RadioTime.com
- WLDR-FM on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WLDR-FM: 8/13/2001
- WLDR: sign on, 1966
Call Sign Origin: Long Distance Radio
On Air Date: 1966
Telephone: (231) 947-3220
- 4/2007: After sister station WLDR AM 1210 is swapped to Stone Communications in exchange for AM 750 Petoskey, AM 750 becomes WLDR (later WARD) and begins simulcasting WLDR-FM.
- 5/2006: WOUF 92.1 Beulah drops simulcast.
- 3/15/2004: Format change from Adult Contemporary to Country as "Sunny Country".
- 3/2001: FM 92.1 Beulah (WOUF) begins simulcasting WLDR-FM.
- 1/2001: Announced that station is being purchased by Fort Bend Broadcasting for $3.6 million from Donald Witala.
- 198x: 'Sunny 102' positioner first used. MOR musical format evolved in to Adult Contemporary through the years though the station continued to feature some non-musical programming.
- 1972: Donald Witala purchases partial stake in station, later acquires remainder.
- 1966: Station signs on, owners are Rod Maxson and Robert L. Greaige. Full-Service/MOR format as 'Stereo 102'.
Grand Traverse County
Old logo gallery: