WLGH FM 88.1 Leroy Twp/Lansing
Programming provided for:
- WSMF-FM 88.1 Monroe
- WHYT-FM 88.1 Goodland Twp/Imlay City
- WKPK 88.3 Michigamme/Marquette
- WEJC-FM 88.3 White Star/Gladwin
- WJOM-FM 88.5 Eagle
- WSFP-FM 88.5 Rust Twp/Alpena
- WSIS-FM 88.7 Riverside/St. Joseph
- WDTR-FM 89.1 Imlay City
- WTLI-FM 89.3 Bear Creek Twp./Boyne City
- WDTP-FM 89.5 Huron Twp/Riverview
- WJOJ-FM 89.7 Harrisville/Alpena
- WTAC-FM 89.7 Burton/Flint
- WSLI-FM 90.9 Belding
- WJOG-FM 91.3 Good Hart/Petoskey
- WJOH-FM 91.5 Raco/Sault Ste Marie
- WSMO FM 91.9 Standish CP
- WCZE-FM 103.7 Harbor Beach CP
- WAIR-FM 104.9 Lake City
Slogan/Positioner: Smile FM
Format: Religious; Contemporary Christian
Web site: www.smile.fm
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 6,700 watts (V)/ 571 feet / A, directional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- Smile FM on Facebook
- WLGH from TuneIn
- WLGH from Wikipedia
- Smile FM from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WLGH: assigned 11/25/1996
Call Sign Origin: The Light
On Air Date:
Owner: Smile FM
Telephone: (517) 381-0573
- 6/2011: WDTP 89.5 Huron Township granted license.
- 7/2008: WSLI 90.9 Belding and WKPK 88.3 Michigamme granted licenses.
- Summer 2006: 91.3 Good Hart/Petoskey and 88.5 Rust Twp/Alpena begin operations.
- approx 4/28/2006: WJOH 91.5 Raco/Sault Ste Marie begins operations
- 4/2006: License to cover granted for power/height changes.
- 11/2005: Construction permit for WLGH changed to specify 6,700 watts @ 571 feet
- 11/15/2005: Construction permit granted for new fm 88.7 Riverside/St. Joseph.
- 7/2005: Construction permit granted for FM 88.1 Michigamme
- 4/2005: WCZE FM 103.7 Harbor Beach signs on as part of Smile FM network.
- 12/2004: WAIR FM 104.9 Lake City/Cadillac signs on as part of Smile FM network.
- 8/2004: FM 89.1 Imlay City drops out of Smile FM network.
- 6/2004: Station repositions as 'Smile FM' along with all the other stations owned/operated by Superior Communications/Northland Community Broadcasters/Michigan Community Radio. Programming originates in Lansing at WLGH-FM 88.1 with local inserts.
- 9/5/2002: FCC grants a construction permit for the following changes: ERP from 2,500 watts (V) @ 328 feet (Class A) to 10,000 watts (V) @ 594 feet directional (Class B).
- 3/21/2000: Construction permit granted for translator on 89.1 Hart Twp. CP would later expire before being completed.