WLJZ FM 94.5 Mackinaw City
Simulcast of WGFN-FM 98.1 Glen Arbor / Traverse City
Slogan/Positioner: Classic Rock The Bear
Format: Classic Rock
Web site: www.classicrockthebear.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 50,000 watts / 361 feet / C2
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- Classic Rock The Bear on Facebook
- WLJZ from TuneIn
- WLJZ from Wikipedia
Call Sign History:
- WLJZ: 8/1/1995
- WFGE: 7/19/1993
- WSSW: assigned 10/8/1986
Call Sign Origin: Light Jazz (previous format)
On Air Date: September, 1993
Owner: Northern Star Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 922-4981
- 4/2011: Construction permit granted to change effective radiated power from 40,000 watts @ 381 feet to 50,000 watts @ 361 feet.
- 4/2010: Format change from classic country to simulcast of WGFN 98.1. Classic rock format (The Bear) is now heard on FM 93.9, 94.5, 98.1 and 107.1 with Bob and Tom mornings. Mainstream rock format is now heard on FM 95.5 and 105.1 with Free Beer & Hot Wings mornings.
- 4/1/2008: Format change from hot adult contemporary 'Star 94.5' to classic country as 'Big Country Gold'.
- 6/2006: Format change from Modern Rock as simulcast of WJZJ FM 95.5 Glen Arbor/Traverse City to Hot Adult Contemporary as Star 94.5
- 8/2001: License to cover granted for upgrade from Class C3 to C2 (18,500 watts to 40,000)
- 9/15/1998: Station is transferred from Calibre Communications to Northern Star Broadcasting
- 3/16/1998: Format switch to Modern Rock as 'The Zone'
- 1998: Calibre Communications purchases station from Del Reynolds
- 1997: 93.9 WAVC added to Coast FM 'triplecast'
- 1994: Format switch to Smooth Jazz as 'Coast FM'. Simulcast on WJZJ-FM 95.5 Glen Arbor
- 1994: Station sold to Del Reynolds
- 9/1993: On-air with Hot Adult Contemporary format as WFGE