WMLQ FM 97.7 Manistee
Slogan/Positioner: The Coast
Format: Adult Contemporary
Web site: www.97-coastfm.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 2,500 watts / 515 feet / A
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WMLQ on Facebook
- WMLQ from TuneIn
- WMLQ from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WMLQ: 6/1/2006
- WVXM: 1/17/1995
- WMTE-FM: 3/25/1991
Call Sign Origin:
On Air Date: 1970
Owner: Synergy Media
Telephone: (231) 723-9433
- W285DY 104.9 Ludington: 19 watts / 331 feet / D
Tech info: engineering data, station details, FCCInfo.com, Recnet
Coverage areas: FCC, Radio Locator
Owner: Resort Radio
- 7/2006: Format is Adult Contemporary as 'The Coast'.
- 6/2006: Sale closes and station drops public radio for classic country. FCC approves license change to commercial operations from non-commercial educational.
- 4/2006: FCC approves transfer to Synergy Media.
- 3/2006: Announced that Synergy Media will be purchasing station for $380,000 pending FCC approval and closing.
- 8/22/2005: Cincinnati Classical Public Radio takes over operations, station becomes full simulcast of WVXU 91.7 Cincinnati
- 7/18/2005: License to cover granted to change ERP to 2,500 watts @ 515 feet from 6,000 watts @ 328 feet.
- 6/2005: FCC approves sale of X-Star Network to Cincinnati Classical Public Radio from Xavier University
- 3/2005: Xavier University sells X-Star Network, which includes WVXA, WVXH, and WVXM in Northern Michigan, for $15 million to Cincinati Classical Public Radio (WGUC-FM) pending FCC approval.
- 9/2001: Construction permit granted to change power from 6,000 watts to 2,500 and HAAT from 328 feet to 515
- 11/1994: WMTE-FM 97.7 is sold to Xavier University and becomes non-commercial WVXM
- 10/1994: Manistee Broadcasting Corp sells WMTE-AM to Chickering Associates, Inc.
- 11/1986: Stations (WMTE-AM/FM 97.7) sold by Manistee Radio Corp. to Manistee Broadcasting Corp.
- 1970: WMTE-FM 97.7 signs on, owner is Charles Hedstrom. Sister station is WMTE-AM 1340
- 8/2011: MMP1, LLC is transferring the license of W285DY 104.9 to Resort Radio for $100 pending FCC approval and closing. FCC approves transfer in September and it closes in October 2011.
- 7/2011: License for W254BL 98.7 Manistee is canceled by FCC.
- 9/2010: Craig Bowman is assigning the license for FM translator W285DY 104.9 Ludington to MMP1, LLC with no exchange of real property and no financial consideration pending FCC approval and closing. Assignment closes 2/2011.
- 5/2010: FM translator W254BL 98.7 Manistee granted a construction permit to change frequency to 98.5 as W253AR and increase power from 6 to 250 watts.
- 1/2010: Synergy Management Group is acquiring FM translator W254BL 98.7 from Horizon Christian Fellowship for $3,200 plus the forgiveness of unpaid tower rent pending FCC approval and closing. The application states the translator, which is currently silent, would rebroadcast Synergy's WMLQ FM 97.7 Manistee. Sale is approved in March, 2010.
- 6/2009: Construction permit granted to W285DY to change location and power from 250 watts to 19 watts @ 331 feet; license to cover for these changes granted in Sept 2009.
- 1/2008: Radio Assist Ministry sold FM translator W285DY 104.9 Ludington to Craig Bowman for no financial consideration pending FCC approvals and closing. Transaction approved in March, 2008.
- 9/2007: License granted to Radio Assist Ministry for W285DY 104.9 Ludington.
- 7/2004: Construction permit granted to Radio Assist Ministry for W285DY 104.9 Ludington