WMTU-FM 91.9 Houghton
Slogan/Positioner: WMTU Radio
Format: Variety; College student station
Web site: wmtu.mtu.edu
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 4,400 watts (V) / 479 feet / C3
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WMTU-FM from Wikipedia
- WMTU-FM from RadioTime.com
- WMTU-FM on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WMTU-FM: assigned 11/10/1993
Call Sign Origin: Michigan Technological University
On Air Date: 1994
Telephone: (906) 487-2333
- 8/2006: License to cover granted for construction permit granted 2/2005.
- 2/1/2005: Construction permit granted to change ERP from 100 watts @ 16 feet to 4,400 watts (V) @ 479 feet from a different tower location.
- 1994: WMTU-FM signs on with 100 watts
- 1975: WRS renames itself WMTU; still carrier current service only.
- 1958: WVRW becomes WRS "Wadsworth Radio Service" and begins serving all of Michigan Tech's campus buildings.
- 1956: AM carrier current station WVRW "Voice of Radio- Wadsworth", the precursor to WMTU, begins operations.
Old logo gallery: