WMUS FM 107.9 Muskegon
Slogan/Positioner: 107-MUS; The Moose; Today's Country and the Legends
Web site: www.107mus.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 15,000 watts / 420 feet / B1
Broadcasts in digital/HD
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WMUS from Wikipedia
- WMUS from RadioTime.com
- WMUS on Facebook (no page found)
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WMUS: 1/5/2011
- WSHZ: 11/18/1996
- WMHG: 3/19/1993
Call Sign Origin: Muskegon
On Air Date: approximately 1988-89
Owner: Clear Channel
Telephone: (231) 733-2600
- 1/5/2011: At noon, FM 106.9 drops simulcast and country format is now on 107.9 only, still as '107 Mus' as it was on 106.9.
- 12/13/2010: After it's announced that the country format of WMUS FM will be moving from 106.9 to 107.9 after a period of simulcasting on both frequencies, FM 107.9 does indeed begin simulcast after stunting for a short while inviting listeners to turn to FM 105.7 to hear Grand Rapids' similarly formatted WSRW-FM. Simulcast with FM 106.9 is expected to end in January 2011 when FM 106.9 will change format to news/talk as simulcast of WOOD AM 1300 Grand Rapids. The move ends the adult contemporary format on FM 107.9.
- 1/16/2001: FCC approves sale to Clear Channel from Cumulus.
- 9/5/2000: Announced that station is being sold to Clear Channel by Cumulus Broadcasting.
- 3/14/2000: FCC approves sale from Connoisseur to Cumulus.
- 11/29/1999: Announced that Cumulus will be acquiring Connoisseur Communications for $242 million.
- 10/18/1999: Satellite feed is dropped in favor of local hosts. New positioner is 'Star 108', format switches to adult contemporary from hot AC.
- 6/22/1999: Station sold from Goodrich Radio to Connoisseur.
- 1996: Format change to hot adult contemporary as WSHZ, 'Z108'. Urban format and WMHG call sign move to AM 1600.
- 1993: Format is urban contemporary as WMHG 'Magic 108'.
- 1988/89: Station begins operations with urban/hip-hop format as WKBZ-FM.
Old logo gallery: