WNIL AM 1290 Niles
Slogan/Positioner: Mighty 1290; Spirited Talk Radio
Web site: www.1290wnil.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Daytime Power / # of Towers: 500 watts / 1, omnidirectional
Nighttime Power / # of Towers: 44 watts / 1, omnidirectional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator daytime coverage area
- Radio Locator nighttime coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WNIL from Wikipedia
- WNIL from RadioTime.com
- Facebook (no link found)
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin: Niles
On Air Date: 1956
Owner: Federated Media
Telephone: (269) 683-6123
- 3/2007: Format change to syndicated talk.
- Early 2007: Local news and talk programs are dropped; station is mostly just carrying ABC's satellite music programming.
- Summer 2006: ABC radio ends 'Unforgettable Favorites' Soft Rock format that WNIL had been airing. ABC's 'Stardust' Adult Standards format is relaunched as 'Timeless Classics' - a hybrid between the other two formats and WNIL begins airing 'Timeless Classics' for its musical programming.
- 4/3/2000: Drops Oldies (Jones) in favor of Middle-of-the-Road format.
- 7/1999: FCC approves license transfer from Niles Broadcasting to Pathfinder Communications (Federated Media) along with sister station WAOR-FM 95.3
- 1/1999: Drops sports programming and is Oldies full time
- 1964: Tommy James records 'Hanky Panky' in the WNIL studios; the song becomes the biggest hit of the summer in 1966 after it is released on Snap Records.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: