WOMC FM 104.3 Detroit
Slogan/Positioner: 104.3 WOMC; Detroit's The Greatest Hits
Format: Classic Hits
Web site: www.womc.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 190,000 watts / 361 feet / B, directional
Broadcasts in digital/HD
- HD2 stream format: Oldies
- HD2 stream web site: womc.radio.com/shows/104-3-womc-hd2/
- HD3 stream format: Talk
- HD3 stream web site: click here
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WOMC from Wikipedia
- WOMC from RadioTime.com
- WOMC on Facebook
- Air checks, Detroit Radio Flashbacks
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin: Wayne Oakland & Macomb Counties
On Air Date: March 5, 1948
Owner: CBS Radio
Telephone: (248) 546-9600
- 3/2010: Dick Purtan retires from radio and leaves WOMC's morning show.
- 4/2009: WOMC no longer using 'Oldies' as its positioner. Music has 'moved forward' to include titles from the 1980s. WOMC-HD2 continues to air 50's - 60's oldies.
- 5/4/2007: What's old is new again- "Oldies 104.3" positioner returns to use, but eventually gives way to classic hits format as 'Detroit's Greatest Hits' during 2008-09.
- 4/24/2006: After slowly limiting the use of the term 'Oldies', station offically repostions itself as 'Motor City's 104.3 WOMC'. Format remains the same - but it has evolved since 1989 from 50's-60's Oldies to 60's - 70's Oldies, even dipping into the early 1980's occasionally.
- 4/15/1996: Debut of Dick Purtan mornings
- 1989: Format change from Middle-of-the-Road to Oldies as Oldies 104.3
- 4/28/1988: Infinity purchases station. Infinity later becomes part of CBS and then Viacom.
- 19xx: Format evolves into Soft Adult Contemporary, then eventually is more 'Middle of the Road' by the mid-1980s, featuring more Oldies than most AC stations.
- 19xx: Call sign change to WOMC- 'Wayne, Oakland, Macomb Counties'
- 3/5/1948: On-air with beautiful music / easy listening format.
Oakland County: Near I-696 and I-75 (Ferndale)