WOOD-FM 106.9 Muskegon/Grand Rapids
Simulcast of WOOD AM 1300 Grand Rapids
Slogan/Positioner: NewsRadio WOOD 106.9 FM & 1300 AM
Web site: www.woodradio.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 50,000 watts / 479 feet / B
Broadcasts in digital/HD
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WOOD-FM from Wikipedia
- WOOD-FM from RadioTime.com
- WOOD-FM on Facebook
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WOOD-FM: 12/29/2010
- WMUS: 5/2/2005
- WMUS-FM: 1970
- WFFM: 1965
- WMUS-FM: sign on
Call Sign Origin: Muskegon
On Air Date: November 1962
Owner: Clear Channel
Telephone: (231) 744-1671
- 1/5/2011: At noon, county format is dropped and station enters full-time simulcast of news/talk WOOD AM 1300 Grand Rapids.
- 12/13/2010: Announced that the country format of WMUS FM will be moving from 106.9 to 107.9 after a period of simulcasting on both frequencies. New format on FM 106.9 will be news/talk as simulcast of sister station WOOD AM 1300 Grand Rapids sometime in January 2011.
- 4/23/2001: AM 1090 drops simulcast of FM station in favor of News-Talk programming
- 1/16/2001: FCC approves sale to Clear Channel from Cumulus
- 9/5/2000: Announced that station is being sold to Clear Channel by Cumulus Broadcasting
- 3/14/2000: FCC approves sale from Connoisseur to Cumulus
- 11/29/1999: Announced that Cumulus will be acquiring Connoisseur Communications for $242 million
- 1970: Station reverts back to WMUS-FM call sign and is again simulcasting sister station WMUS AM; format is country.
- 1965: WMUS AM 1090 changes format to country and WMUS-FM ends simulcast and takes on easy listening format as WFFM.
- 11/1962: WMUS-FM is once again an FM station serving Muskegon as it signs on at FM 106.9. Format is full service/middle-of-the-road simulcasting sister station WMUS AM 1090.
- 1950: WMUS-FM 100.5 goes silent
- 1947: WMUS-FM 100.5 Muskegon signs on
Old logo gallery: