WRSR FM 103.9 Owosso/Flint
Slogan/Positioner: Flint's Classic Rock Authority
Format: Classic Rock
Web site: www.classicfox.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 2,850 watts / 482 feet / A
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WRSR on Facebook
- WRSR from TuneIn
- WRSR from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WRSR: 5/15/1998
- WAHV: 2/5/1996
- WMZX: 1/15/1989
- WOAP-FM: sign on, 1965
Call Sign Origin: Soft Rock 103.9 (previous format)
On Air Date: December 2, 1965
Owner: Cumulus Media (in trust to be sold)
Telephone: (810) 238-7300
- 3/2011: Announced that Cumulus Media is merging/acquiring Citadel Broadcasting in a deal worth billions of dollars. The FCC approves the sale and it closes later in 2011 however WRSR is placed in trust to be sold off due to consolidation issues in the Flint market with the combination of the two company's radio stations.
- 9/14/2000: New format unveiled at noon, Classic Rock as 'The Classic Rock Authority, 103.9 The Fox'. First song played was "It's Only Rock-n-Roll" by the Rolling Stones.
- 9/13/2000: Station starts stunting with a novely song repeatedly.
- 3/14/2000: FCC approves sale from Connoisseur to Cumulus.
- 11/29/1999: Announced that Cumulus will be acquiring Connoisseur Communications for $242 million.
- 1998: Format switch back to adult contemporary as 'Soft Rock 103.9' with WRSR call sign.
- 1996: Format switch to classic hits as WAHV 'The Wave'.
- 1989: Format switch to adult contemporary as WMZX.
- 1987: Owosso Argus Press sells WOAP-FM/AM due to new FCC rules prohibiting cross-ownership of a newspaper and radio station in the same market.
- 19xx: FM changes format to beautiful music; programming is now independent of WOAP AM.
- 12/2/1965: On-air as WOAP-FM as sister station to WOAP AM Owosso. Owner is Owosso Argus Press. Format is simulcast of full service / middle-of-the-road WOAP AM.
Old logo gallery: