WRUP FM 98.3 Palmer/Marquette
Slogan/Positioner: 98.3 WRUP The Classic Rock Experience; The UP's Only Real Classic Rock Experience
Format: Classic Rock
Web site: www.wrup.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 2,600 watts / 1,018 feet / C3
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WRUP from Wikipedia
- WRUP from RadioTime.com
- WRUP on Facebook (no page found)
Call Sign History:
- WRUP: 1/5/2005
- WHCH: 2/7/1992
Call Sign Origin: Classic Rock Upper Peninsula
On Air Date: 1971
Owner: Great Lakes Radio
Telephone: (906) 228-6800
- 10/2008: Construction permit granted to move WRUP into the Marquette market, essentially exiting Munising. The station would change its community of license to Palmer, move its broadcast location from Alger county into Marquette county where it would operate with 2,600 watts @ 1018 feet. The station's current facilities near Munising transmit with 32,000 watts @ 358 feet and only provides a marginal signal into Marquette. License to cover granted 8/2010.
- 1/2005: Format change from Oldies to Classic Rock as WRUP.
- 1/2000: Format switch from country to oldies as 'Oldies 98' using ABC Radio's Pure Gold service.
- 11/30/1999: FCC approves swap of stations as proposed below
- 10/1999: Announced that WHCH FM 98.3 and WQXO AM 1400 Munising, WFXD FM 103.3 Marquette are to be swapped by Lakes Radio with Great Lakes Radio in exchange for WCCM 94.7 and WTIQ 1490 Manistique.
- 9/30/1999: Station acquired by Lakes Radio from Mid Pen Broadcasting.
- 19xx: Format change from top-40 as 'QXO' to country with new calls WHCH (Hot Country 98.3).
- 19xx: Format change to top-40.
- early 1980s: WQXO-FM/AM simulcasting full time with adult contemporary format.
- 1971: On-air simulcasting sister station WGON during daytime hours with middle-of-the-road format and beautiful music when not simulcasting WGON.