WTCY FM 88.3 Greilickville / Traverse City
Simulcast of WTCK FM 90.9 Charlevoix
Slogan/Positioner: The Catholic Light for Northern Michigan; Baraga Broadcasting Radio Network
Format: Religious; Catholic-based talk
Web site: www.baragabroadcasting.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 4,400 watts (V) / 679 feet / C3, directional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WTCY from Wikipedia
- Baraga Broadcasting from Wikipedia
- WTCY from TuneIn
- Baraga Broadcasting on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WTCY: assigned 7/29/2010
Call Sign Origin: Traverse City
On Air Date: April 2011
Owner: Baraga Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 946-8038
- 11/2011: Construction permit granted to modify power from 7,000 watts @ 584 feet to 4,400 watts at 679 feet. License to cover granted in January, 2012.
- 4/2011: Construction permit modified from 2,400 watts @ 544 feet (Class A) to 7,000 watts @ 444 feet (Class C3). The station also signed on for the first time this month, simulcasting the Catholic-based programming of sister station WTCK FM 90.9 Charlevoix. License granted May, 2011.
- 11/2010: Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools agrees to sell construction permit to Baraga Broadcasting for $10,000 pending FCC approval and closing; FCC approves sale in 1/2011 and it closes in 2/2011.
- 7/21/2010: Construction permit granted to Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools.