WTIQ AM 1490 Manistique
Slogan/Positioner: Cruisin' 1490
Web site: www.wtiqradio.com
E-Mail: visit web site
Power / # of Towers: 1,000 watts / 1, omnidirectional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator daytime coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WTIQ from Wikipedia
- WTIQ from RadioTime.com
- WTIQ on Facebook (no page found)
Call Sign History:
- WTIQ: sign on, 1965
Call Sign Origin: Manistique
On Air Date: Febrary 12, 1965
Owner: Lakes Radio
Telephone: (906) 341-1490
- 11/30/1999: FCC approves swap of stations as proposed below.
- 10/1999: Announced that WCMM 94.7 and WTIQ 1490 Manistique are to be swapped with Lakes Radio in exchange for WHCH FM 98.3 and WQXO AM 1400 Munising, WFXD FM 103.3 Marquette.
- 1973: David Kelly sell station to Doug Tjapkes of Grand Haven, then owner of WGHN AM and FM.
- 2/12/1965: WTIQ signs on with 1,000 watts daytime, 250 watts night. The station's studio/office building is still in the original location along with an adjacent 150' tower just west of Manistique on Highway 442 - although the building has been added on to several times.
- 1964: Application filed for a new Class IV AM station on AM 1490 in Manisique by David Kelly. The application was granted in October of 1964 after a number of other applications had been disqualified by the FCC, resulting in an then unheard-of short processing time.
- 19xx: WDBC AM 1490 Escanaba changes frequency to 680.
Center of antenna array/transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: