WUPK FM 94.1 Marquette
Simulcast on WIMK-FM 93.1 Iron Mountain
Slogan/Positioner: The Bear; Where the U.P. Rocks
Web site: www.rockthebear.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 4,400 watts / 381 feet / A
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WUPK from Wikipedia
- WUPK from RadioTime.com
- WUPK on Facebook
Call Sign History:
- WUPK: assigned 4/9/1992
Call Sign Origin: Upper Peninsula's K-Rock (previous positioner)
On Air Date:
Owner: Northern Star Broadcasting
Telephone: (906) 226-9090
- 2/2010: Announced that Northern Star is selling its Upper Peninsula stations (including WIMK/WUPK) to Sovereign Communications pending FCC approval and closing.
- 9/2002: Construction permit granted for changes: ERP from 4,500 watts @ 377 feet to 4,400 watts @ 381 feet with a slight change to tower location.
- 3/18/2002: Repositions from 'K-Rock' to the 'The Bear'. Format remains Rock and simulcast continues with WIMK-FM 93.1 Iron Mountain.
- 11/2001: FCC approves sale to Northern Star Broadcasting.
- 9/2001: Announced that station has been sold by Marathon Media to Norhtern Star Broadcasting as part of 11 station, $7.95 million deal, pending FCC approval.
- 10/19/1998: Marathon Media acquires station from Zephyr Broadcasting along with WIMK-FM and WMIQ-AM Iron Mountain, and WZNL-FM 94.3 Norway.