WUPZ FM 94.9 Chocolay Twp/Marquette
Slogan/Positioner: 94.9 The Bay; Today's Hit Music...That's All
Format: Contemporary Hits
Web site: www.949thebay.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 100,000 watts / 512 feet / C1
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WUPZ on Facebook
- WUPZ from TuneIn
- WUPZ from Wikipedia
Call Sign History:
- WUPZ: 6/10/2008
- WUPG: assigned 9/29/2006
Call Sign Origin: Upper Peninsula
On Air Date: May 2009
Owner: Radioactive, LLC
Telephone: (906) 225-0656
- 10/2009: Construction permit granted to increase power from 58,000 watts @ 456 feet to 100,000 watts @ 512 feet. License to cover granted November, 2011.
- 6/2009: License to cover granted for construction permit issued in March 2009. The station is now licensed to Chocolay Twp and broadcasts from Marquette county.
- 5/2009: WUPZ signs on from the Marquette area with Contemporary Hits format as "94.9 The Bay".
- 3/2009: Construction permit granted to change community of license from Crystal Falls to Chocolay Township and increase power from 6,200 watts @ 157 feet to 58,000 watts @ 456 feet. The station's broadcast location would also change from Iron to Marquette county.
- 6/6/2005: Construction permit granted to Radioactive, LLC which won the auction for this frequency in 2004.