WVFM FM 106.5 Kalamazoo
Slogan/Positioner: Music Variety from Yesterday and Today
Format: Adult Contemporary
Web site: www.wvfm.fm
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 33,000 watts / 600 feet / B
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WVFM from Wikipedia
- WVFM from RadioTime.com
- WVFM on Facebook
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WVFM: 3/26/2007
- WQLR: sign on
Call Sign Origin: Variety FM (previous format)
On Air Date:
Owner: Midwest Communications
Telephone: (269) 345-7121
- 2009: Format transitions back to Adult Contemporary.
- 8/27/2006: Format change from Adult Contemporary to Variety Hits.
- 3/2006: FCC approves Midwest Communications acquisition of WQLR, WKZO, and WQSN from Fairfield Broadcasting.
- 1/2006: Announced that Fairfield Broadcasting has sold its Kalamazoo stations (WQLR-FM 106.5, WKZO-AM 590, WKLZ-AM 1470, WQSN-AM 1660) to Midwest Communications for $13.25 million pending FCC approval and closing. WKLZ 1470 will go off-air and is not included in sale.
- 3/2003: Format moves back to mainstream Adult Contemporary.
- 4/2002: Station shifts away from Adult Contemporary more towards Hot Adult Contemporary.
- 3/1999: Station repositions from Q-Lite to Q106.5.
- 19xx: On air as WQLR, Clear 106.5 FM with a beautiful music / easy listening format that was eventually syndicated to other stations as 'KalaMusic'.
Old logo gallery: