WYBR FM 102.3 Big Rapids
Slogan/Positioner: Today's Hit Music, Y-102
Format: Hot Adult Contemporary
Web site: www.wybr.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 10,500 watts / 436 feet / C3
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WYBR on Facebook
- WYBR from RadioTime.com
- WYBR from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WYBR: 10/3/1994
- WPZX: 10/29/1992
Call Sign Origin: Y-102 Big Rapids
On Air Date: about 1981
Owner: Mentor Partners
Telephone: (231) 796-7000
- W243BA 96.5 Big Rapids: 19 watts / 256 feet / D
Tech info: engineering data, station details, FCCInfo.com, Recnet
Coverage areas: FCC, Radio Locator
- 11/2008: FCC approves purchase of W243BA Big Rapids.
- 9/2008: License granted for W243BA 96.5 Big Rapids.
- 6/2008: Announced that Horizon Christian Fellowship is selling FM translator W243BA 96.5 Big Rapids to Mentor Partners for $8,000 pending FCC approval and closing.
- 1994: Following another sale of the station, format evolves to hot adult contemporary/pop as WYBR 'Y-102'.
- 1992: After station is sold, format is changed to contemporary hits/top 40 as WPZX 'Power 102.3'.
- 1981: On-air as WAAQ 'Q-102 The Music Machine' with adult contemporary format.
WYBR transmitter location: