WZUU FM 92.5 Mattawan/Kalamazoo
Slogan/Positioner: Kalamazoo's Real Rock; Rock 92.5 The Zoo
Web site: www.wzuu.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 4,700 watts / 364 feet / A, directional
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WZUU on Facebook
- WZUU from TuneIn
- WZUU from Wikipedia
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History:
- WZUU: 5/1/1997
- WNTX: 3/29/1995
- WKGH: 1/9/1990
Call Sign Origin: Zoo 92 or Zuu
On Air Date: about 1990
Owner: Forum Communications
Telephone: (269) 343-1717
- 11/2010: Construction permit granted to change ERP from 6,000 watts @ 322 feet to 4,700 watts @ 364 feet. The station's pattern will remain directional. License to cover granted 12/2011.
- 1/12/2007: At 4 p.m., WZUU changed frequencies from 92.3 to 92.5 and began using is new higher-powered facilities located closer to Kalamazoo. The FCC grants the license to cover for the changes.
- 8/2006: Construction permit granted to change community of license from Allegan to Mattawan, increase ERP from 860 watts @ 600 feet to 6,000 watts @ 322 feet from a new tower location in Kalamazoo County.
- 5/2006: FCC grants petition that will allow the station to change to FM 92.5 and modify its community of license from Allegan to Mattawan. Sister station WQXC-FM 100.9 will change its COL to Allegan from Otsego as part of proposal.
- 2002-03: Format evolves back to mainstream rock, heavily leaning on classics
- 8/29/2001: Format change to Active Rock from Classic Rock
- 1997: Format change from Alternative Rock to Classic Rock, new calls WZUU as 'The Zoo'
- 1997: Purchased by Forum Communications
- 1995: Format is Alternative Rock as 'Radio X'
Old logo gallery: