CIMX FM 88.7 Windsor, ON / Detroit
Slogan/Positioner: 89X, The New Rock Alternative
Format: Modern Rock
Web site: www.89xradio.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Class: 100,000 watts / 618 feet / C1, directional
FCC technical information (note: Canadian station data not regularly updated):
More about station:
- Radio Locator coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- CIMX-FM from Wikipedia
- CIMX-FM from RadioTime.com
- CIMX-FM on Facebook
- Air checks, DetroitRadioFlashbacks
Call Sign History:
- CIMX: 1990
- CJOM: 4/1971
Call Sign Origin: The Mix (previous format)
On Air Date: July 10, 1967
Owner: Bell Media
Telephone: (248) 646-8484
- 2007: CTVglobemedia acquires CHUM radio group.
- 5/13/1991: Modern Rock format goes full-time as '89-X'. First song: Stop by Jane's Addiction.
- 1991: Greg St. James introduces Modern Rock show during his afternoon program.
- 1990: Format change to soft rock/pop as 'The Mix' with CIMX call sign.
- 9/5/1985: CHUM Ltd purchases station, along with CKWW-AM from Stirling Communications International. The sale required special permission from CTRC due to CHUM already owning CKLW AM/FM 800/93.9 in Windsor.
- Early 1980s: Format evolves to new wave/pop as 'Lazer Rockin Ohm FM'.
- April 1971: 'Ohm FM' with CJOM call sign and full-time progressive rock format.
- Fall 1970: Progressive rock programming added at night.
- 7/10/1967: On air as CKWW-FM with middle-of-the road format.
Essex County, ON
Old logo gallery: