CHWI-TV 16 Wheatley, ON
- CHWI-TV 60 Windsor
Slogan: A Channel
Web site: www.achannel.ca/windsor/
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Offset: 492,000 watts / 552 feet / -
Digital Channel: 66
More web sites about CHWI-TV:
More technical/engineering details: Canadian station, data likely not accurate
- engineering data not available
- station details not available
- FCCInfo.com data not available
- Recnet Broadcast Query not available
Call Sign History: CHWI-TV
Network Affiliation History: Independent
On Air Date: October 19, 1993
Owner: Bell Media
Telephone: (519) 977-7432
- 4/2007: Rogers Media announced it will be purchasing the A-Channel stations. That arrangement was later changed by the CRTC when it approved the acquistion of CHUM, Ltd. by CTVglobemedia and the A-Channel stations remained with CTVglobemedia instead of being sold to Rogers Media.
- 7/2006: Announced that Bell Globemedia will be purchasing CHUM, Ltd, but spinning off the A-Channel TV stations.
- 8/1/2005: Station rebrands from "The New WI" to "A Channel"
- 1998: Rebranded as "The New WI", most programming is duplicate of what airs on CFPL London with the exception of some local news.
- 1997: Station is sold from Baton Broadcasting to CHUM as part of Baton's acquisition of the CTV network.
- 1995: Windsor transmitter begins operations on Channel 60.
- 10/19/1993: On air as an independent station, owner is Baton Broadcasting. CHWI does air some US programming.