W33BY Channel 33 Detroit
Slogan: TV 33
Web site: www.tv33whpr.com
E-mail: visit web site
Power/Height/Offset: 15,000 watts / ? feet / +
- Analog Service Area
More web sites about W33BY:
More technical/engineering details:
Call Sign History:
- W33BY: 6/2/1999
- W68CH: 8/31/1990
Network Affiliation History:
- The Box, AIN, Urban America TV Network (all part time at different times in its history)
On Air Date: approx. February 1998
Owner: Highland Park Broadcasting
Telephone: (313) 868-6612
- 5/2011: Station is granted special temporary authority to operate with reduced power from its studio, several miles east of its licensed location.
- 9/2003: Channel 68 signs off for good (approximate date)
- 10/2002: License to cover granted for channel 33
- 8/2002: Simulcast of channels 33/68 ends
- 2/5/2002: Class A status granted for channel 33
- 11/2001: Channel 33 noted on the air, 68 also remains on-air
- 12/2000: Noted that AIN and The Box programming is no longer on station- instead airing simulcast of WHPR-FM 88.1 with public service messages or religious programming.
- 6/1999: Granted construction permit to move to channel 33 as W33BY; ERP decrease to 15,000 watts from 21,900. Location change from near Davison and Livernois to near I-96 and Evergreen.
- 1/11/1998: Adds back AIN programming, along with The Box.
- 12/14/1998: Airing The Box, dropping its affiliation with AIN.
- On the air with construction permit only at 1000 watts
- 5/6/1998: Application granted to change principal community from Detroit to Dearborn.
Wayne County, near Evergreen Rd and Jeffries Fwy (Detroit)