WCMZ-TV Channel 28 Flint
Slogan: CMU Public Television
Web site: www.wcmu.org/tv
E-mail: visit web site
- 28.1: Main PBS programming (HD)
- 28.2: Main PBS programming (SD)
- 28.3: PBS Create (SD)
Power/Height: 500,000 watts / 846 feet, directional
- Service area
Digital Channel: 28
More web sites about WCMZ-TV:
More technical/engineering details:
Call Sign History:
- WCMZ-TV: 5/18/2010
- WFUM: 1980
Call Sign Origin: Central Michigan University
Network Affiliation History: PBS
On Air Date: August 23, 1980
Owner: Central Michigan University
Telephone: (810) 762-3028
- 2/2011: Construction permit granted to increase power from 126,000 to 500,000 watts. License to cover granted 6/2011.
- 2009: Central Michigan University agrees to purchase the station for $1,000,000 and shortly thereafter begins programming it. FCC approval of the sale was received in March, 2010.
- 9/2009: License granted for final digital facilities.
- 4/2009: Announced that the University of Michigan will stop operations of WFUM TV and is looking to sell the channel.
- 11/19/2008: Analog broadcasts of WFUM cease and the station is off-air for about 2 days as it adjusts its digital broadcasts from Ch. 52 to Ch. 28.
- 3/2008: Construction permit granted for digital facilities on post-transition Channel 28 (digital).
- 8/2007: The FCC's final digital channel assignment report shows that WFUM will be using Channel 28 once the conversion to all-digital broadcasts is completed on February 17, 2009.
- 12/2003: License to cover granted for CP issued Nov 2002
- 11/2002: Construction permit granted to change ERP from 2,450,000 watts @ 869 feet to 2,160,000 watts @ 846 feet
- 5/7/2001: Construction permit granted for digital facilites on channel 52
- 8/23/1980: Station begins broadcasting as WFUM (Flint University of Michigan)
Genesee County, near intersection of Genesse, Lapeer, and Oakland Counties
Old logo gallery: