WDWO-CD TV Channel 18 Detroit
Web site: www.tct.tv
E-mail: visit web site
- TCT Television schedules
- 18.1: TCT (SD)
- 18.2: TCT (HD)
- 18.3: TCT alternative / TCT Kids (SD)
- 18.4: TCT LaFuente (Spanish, SD)
Power/Height: 14,000 watts / 794 feet
FCC technical information:
More about station:
- TV Fool coverage area
- FCCInfo.com listing
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- WDWO-CD on Facebook
- WDWO-CD from Wikipedia
Call Sign History:
- WDWO-CD: 2/2/2011
- WDWO-CA: 1/14/2003
- WDWO-LP: 9/1/1995
- W44AR: 4/13/1989
Call Sign Origin: Detroit World Outreach
Network Affiliation History:
- 2006: Independent, programming from TCT
- Previous: Trinity Broadcasting Network
On Air Date: About 1993 on channel 44, silent in 1999. Returned on Ch. 18 on 2/25/2000
Owner: TCT Ministries
Telephone: (313) 835-0692
- 4/2011: Construction permit granted to change location from near I-96 and Evergreen in Detroit to near I-696 and Inkster in Southfield and change effective radiated power from 15,000 watts @ 285 feet to 14,000 watts @ 794 feet which would increase the station's coverage area across metro Detroit. License to cover granted January 2012.
- 7/2010: Construction permit granted for digital flash cut (station will switch from analog to digital and remain on Ch. 18). License to cover granted 2/2011.
- 8/2007: SMG Media Group, lead by president John Salov has agreed to by LPTV station W27CJ Ch. 27 Ann Arbor from TCT of Michigan for $80,000 pending approval and closing; sale is approved in October 2007.
- 2006: Noted that WDWO no longer airs programming from TBN.
- 10/2002: WDWO granted Class A status.
- 11/27/2000: License to cover granted for move of W59CA Jackson to W27CJ Ann Arbor.
- 7/2000: W27CJ Ann Arbor is on air, but now as translator of WDWO-LP 18 Detroit instead of WAPQ-TV Saginaw.
- 4/2000: FCC approves move of W59CA to channel 27 (W27CJ) along with facility and city of license move to Ann Arbor.
- 2/25/2000: WDWO is back on the air on channel 18, broadcasting programming from the TCT network.
- 12/9/1999: FCC approves voluntary transfer of license for WDWO from Detroit World Outreach to TCT Michigan.
- 7/1999: WWJ-TV begins digital broadcasts on channel 44, forcing WDWO off the air.
- 5/15/1998: Construction permit approved for WDWO to move to channel 18 and an increase power to 20kw; it is moving as part of the digital TV transition.
- approx 1993: On air as W44AR; programming is religious. Owner is Detroit World Outreach Assembly of God.
Oakland County, near I-696 and Inkster Rd. (Southfield)
Old logo gallery: