WFUP TV Channel 45 Vanderbilt/Gaylord
Simulcast of WFQX-TV 32 Cadillac
Slogan: Fox 32, Northern Michigan's Fox
Web site: www.mifox32.com
E-mail: visit web site
Programming: WFQX on TitanTV.com
Power/Height: 108,000 watts / 1063 feet
- Service Area
Digital Channel: 45
More web sites about WFUP/WFQX-TV:
More Technical Information:
Call Sign History:
- WFUP: 4/28/2003
- WFVX: 4/3/2000
- WGKU: assigned 4/9/1992
Network Affiliation History:
- 9/2006: FOX
- 1995: FOX (primary) & UPN (secondary)
- 1993: FOX
On Air Date: 1993
Telephone: (231) 775-9813
- 3/2009: Construction permit granted for the station's digital facilities on Channel 45 which will operate with 108,000 watts from the same antenna as the station's analog broadcasts originate. License to cover granted 2/2011.
- 10/2008: FCC grants digital TV allotment of Ch. 45 for station. The station's previous owner had planned on ending the operation of WFUP upon the digital TV transition in February 2009 however Cadillac Telecasting successfully petitioned the FCC for a digital allocation for the station so that it may continue operating.
- 10/2007: FCC approves Cadillac Telecasting's acquisition of WFQX/WFUP from Rockfleet Broadcasting.
- 5/2007: Announced that WFQX/WFUP and translators will be sold by SDR Rockfleet Holdings to Cadillac Telecasting for about $10 million. Cadillac is not expecting to run the stations, but instead plans to enter into a shared services agreement under which Heritage Broadcasting-owned CBS affiliate WWTV in Cadillac would operate the stations.
- 12/3/1999: FCC approves sale of 5 stations (WGKI, WGKU and three translators) from GRK Productions to Rockfleet Broadcasting. Sale price was $12 million.
- 1995: Programming from UPN is added to non-primetime hours.
- 1993: WGKU Channel 45 Vanderbilt signs on simulcasting WGKI Channel 33 Cadillac. Owner is Gary Knapp.