WGTU TV Channel 29 Traverse City
Simulcast on WGTQ-TV 8 Sault Ste Marie
Slogan: ABC 29&8
Web site: www.wgtu.com
E-mail: visit web site
Programming: WGTU on TitanTV.com
Power/Height: 68,400 watts / 1289 feet, directional
- Service Area
Digital Channel: 29
More web sites about WGTU:
More Technical Information:
- engineering data
- station details
- Recnet Broadcast Query
- Tower photos, thanks Tom Bosscher
Call Sign History: WGTU, approx 1971
Call Sign Origin: Grand Traverse
Network Affiliation History: ABC
On Air Date: 1971
Owner: Tucker Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 946-2900
- 8/2010: License to cover granted for post-transitional digital facilities.
- 7/2008: Construction permit granted for post-transition digital facilities on Channel 29.
- 10/2007: License granted for digital facilities.
- 9/2007: Barrington Broadcasting is acquiring WGTU-TV 29 Traverse City/WGTQ-TV 8 Sault Ste. Marie from Max Media in a deal worth $10 million. The licenses for the stations will then be spun off to Tucker Broadcasting to keep Barrington, owner of NBC affiliate WPBN-TV 7 Traverse City/WTOM-TV 4 Cheboygan, under federal ownership caps. Barrington will then enter into a joint sales agreement with Tucker, providing up to 15 percent of TV 29&8's weekly programming and sell local advertising for the station on a commission basis.
- 8/2003: FCC approves sale of stations from Scanlan Communications to Max Media
- 5/2003: Announced that station, along with sister station WGTQ-TV 8 Sault Ste. Marie, has been sold to Max Media for $8 million
Old logo gallery: