WHTV TV Channel 18 Jackson/Lansing
Slogan: My 18 TV
Web site: www.my18.tv
E-mail: visit web site
- WHTV on TitanTV.com
- 18.1: MyNetorkTV affiliate (HD)
Power/Height: 13,600 watts / 863 feet, directional
- Service area
Construction permit: 280,000 watts / 945 feet
- CP service area
Digital Channel: 34; PSIP maps to Ch. 18
More web sites about WHTV:
More Technical Information:
Call Sign History: WHTV, assigned 5/7/1990
Network Affiliation History:
- 9/2006: MyNetworkTV
- 10/16/2000: UPN
- 1999: Bloomberg TV
On Air Date: 1999
Owner: Spartan TV
Telephone: (517) 372-9497
- 10/2010: Construction permit granted to increase power from 13,600 to 540,000 watts with a directional antenna. In March 2011, the permit was modified to specify 88,000 watts @ 945 feet using a nondirectional antenna.
- 9/2009: License granted for final digital facilities.
- 12/1/2008: Regular programming on analog channel 18 ends as the station moves to digital-only regular broadcasts on Channel 34. Through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display WHTV's virtual channel as 18.
- 9/2006: Construction permit for digital transmitter changed to specify increased power from the same location of WLNS-TV in Ingham County. The station's prior DT construction permit had specified 4,000 watts from Jackson County and would not have covered the Lansing metro area.
- 2006: Announced that WHTV will become an affiliate of the new MyNetworkTV upon its launch in the fall of 2006. The UPN network is ceasing operations and merging with the WB to form the CW network which will air on a digital subchannel of WLAJ-TV.
- 10/16/2000: Station adds UPN programming
- 12/14/1999: License is transferred from Jackson TV Company to Spartan TV
- 7/1999: Station is on air with primarily Bloomberg TV, license granted
- 1/13/1999: New construction permit issued. This permit replaces the original construction permit that was granted 11/16/1987 and expired on 11/29/1992
Analog transmitter location:
Old logo gallery: