WJMN-TV Channel 3 Escanaba/Marquette
Programming from WFRV-TV 5 Green Bay, WI
Slogan: CBS 3 (WJMN), CBS 5 (WFRV)
WJMN web site: www.wjmntv.com
WFRV web site: www.wfrv.com
E-mail: visit web site
- 3.1: CBS affiliate (HD)
Power/Height: 1,000,000 watts / 1165 feet, directional
- Service area
Digital Channel: 48; PSIP maps to Ch. 3
More web sites about WJMN/WFRV:
More technical/engineering details:
Call Sign History: WJMN-TV, assigned 10/2/1969
Network Affiliation History:
- 1992: CBS
- 1983: ABC
- 1969: NBC
On Air Date: 1969
Owner: Liberty Media
Telephone: (906) 786-7767
- WJMN offers news cut-ins and weather that are separate from what WFRV airs. WJMN also airs different local advertising from WFRV.
- 4/2011: Announced that Nexstar Broadcasting would be acquiring WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV from Liberty Media for $20 million pending FCC approvals and closing.
- 8/2010: Construction permit modified to specify 1,000,000 watts @ 1165 feet. License to cover granted 5/2011.
- 7/2009: Construction permit granted to modify digital facilities to specify 1,000,000 watts @ 1148 feet. The station continues to operate near Escanaba with temporary facilities while construction of its permanent digital facility is completed.
- 6/12/2009: Regular programming on analog channel 3 ends as the station moves to digital-only regular broadcasts on Channel 48. Through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display WJMN's virtual channel as 3.
- 2/2006: The sale of Green Bay's WFRV-TV Channel 5 along with WJMN-TV 3 Escanaba to Liberty Media from CBS TV is announced. The complex sales agreement results in essentially a tax-free exchange with Liberty returning $64 million worth of CBS stock (7,591,249 shares) along with $170 million in cash in exchange for the licenses of WFRV and WJMN. The FCC approves the deal in March 2007.
- 1992: CBS purchases WFRV/WJMN combination as larger deal that acquired Midwest Communications of Minnesota. Affiliation of stations switched from ABC to CBS upon closure of sale.
- 1983: Affiliation switches from NBC to ABC as the NBC affiliation moves to WLUK TV 11 Green Bay.
- 198x: WFRV/WJMN purchased by the Murphy and McNally families from the Morton Norton family.
- 1969: On-air as a satellite station of NBC affiliate WFRV TV 5 Green Bay.