WLAJ TV Channel 53 Lansing/Jackson
Slogan: ABC 3
Web site: www.wlaj.com
E-mail: visit web site
- WLAJ on TitanTV.com
- 53.1: ABC affiliate (HD)
- 53.2: CW affiliate (SD)
Power/Height: 900,000 watts / 981 feet, directional
- Service Area
Digital Channel: 51; PSIP maps to Ch. 53
More web sites about WLAJ:
More Technical Information:
Call Sign History:
- WLAJ: 6/8/1990
- WLAJ-TV: assigned 3/8/1982
Call Sign Origin: Lansing and Jackson
Network Affiliation History:
On Air Date: October 13, 1990
Owner: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Telephone: (517) 394-5300
- 2012: Sinclair Broadcast Group closes on the purchase of eight TV stations owned by Freedom Communications for $385 million. In Michigan, Sinclair now owns and operates WWMT TV Ch. 3 Kalamazoo and WLAJ TV Ch. 53 Lansing; Sinclair previously owned WSMH TV Ch. 66 Flint in the state.
- 6/12/2009: Regular programming on analog channel 53 ends as the station moves to digital-only regular broadcasts on Channel 51. Through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display WLAJ's virtual channel as 53.
- 9/2006: Digital subchannel of WLAJ becomes Lansing/Jackson affiliate for new CW network. ABC programming continues to air on analog and primary digital subchannel.
- 8/19/1998: Sold by Granite Broadcasting to Freedom Communications
- 199x: Ferguson sells 50% stake of station to Granite Broadcasting; Granite also secures an option to purchase the other 50% which it exercises several months later.
- 10/13/1990: Station signs on as an ABC affiliate, owner is Joel Ferguson. Prior to WLAJ signing on, WJRT Channel 12 Flint served as Lansing's primary ABC affiliate with some coverage from WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit and WOTV Channel 41 Battle Creek.