WNWO-TV Channel 24 Toledo, OH
Slogan: NBC 24
Web site: www.nbc24.com
E-mail: visit web site
- WNWO on TitanTV.com
- 24.1: NBC affiliate (HD)
- 24.2: Retro TV (SD)
- 24.3: America One (SD)
Power/Height: 59,000 watts / 1342 feet, directional
- Service Area
Digital Channel: 49; PSIP maps to Ch. 24
More web sites about WNWO-TV:
More technical/engineering details:
Call Sign History:
- WNWO-TV: 6/1/1986
- WDHO-TV: sign on, 1966
Call Sign Origin: NorthWest Ohio
Network Affiliation History:
- 1995: NBC
- 1970-95: ABC
- 1967-70: Independent
- 1967: Overmyer Network
- 1966: Independent
On Air Date: May 3, 1966
Owner: Barrington Broadcasting
Telephone: (419) 535-0024
- 6/12/2009: Regular programming on analog channel 24 ends as the station moves to digital-only regular broadcasts on Channel 49. Through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display WNWO's virtual channel as 24.
- 8/2007: The FCC's final digital channel assignment report shows that WNWO-TV will be using Channel 49 once the conversion to all-digital broadcasts is completed on February 17, 2009.
- 6/2006: FCC approves sale of WNWO from Raycom Media to Barrington Broadcasting.
- 3/2006: Announced that Raycom Media will be selling station to Barrington Broadcasting as part of a larger deal involving several other stations across the country.
- 8/2005: Raycom Media acquires Liberty Corporation, pending FCC approval. In Toledo, Liberty owns WTOL-TV 11 which will be kept by Raycom and WNWO is planned to be sold.
- 1998: Raycom Media purchases station from Malrite Communications Group
- 11/5/1995: WNWO begins airing NBC programming at the same time WTVG (Channel 13) starts airing ABC programming. Reason for affiliate swap: WTVG was purchased by ABC.
- 5/8/1986: Purchased by Toledo Television Investors, LTD, call sign changed to WNWO-TV
- 198x: Owner Overmyer Broadcasting goes out of business. Station is taken over by Bank of Boston, one of Overmeyer's creditors.
- 1967-70: Station has no full-time network affiliation but does clear some network shows not aired on WTOL and/or WSPD-TV.
- 1967: WDHO is flagship for the month-long existance of the Overmyer network in May.
- 1966: On-air, owner is Daniel H Overmyer (thus the WDHO call sign).
Lucas County, OH