WTOL TV Channel 11 Toledo, OH
Slogan: Toledo 11, Toledo's News Leader
Web site: www.wtol.com
E-mail: visit web site
- WTOL on TitanTV.com
- 11.1: CBS affiliate (HD)
- 11.2: News 11 Now (SD)
Power/Height: 16,900 watts / 1001 feet
- Service Area
Digital Channel: 11
More web sites about WTOL:
More technical/engineering details:
Call Sign History:
- WTOL: 7/4/2003
Network Affiliation History:
- 1970: CBS
- 1958: CBS (primary) & ABC (secondary)
On Air Date: October 13, 1958
Owner: Raycom Media
Telephone: (419) 248-1111
- 6/12/2009: Regular programming on analog channel 11 ends as the station moves to digital-only regular broadcasts on Channel 11. Previously WTOL offered its digital broadcasts on Ch. 17.
- 8/2007: The FCC's final digital channel assignment report shows that WTOL will be using Channel 11 once the conversion to all-digital broadcasts is completed on February 17, 2009.
- 3/2006: Announced that Raycom is selling WNWO-TV 24 to Barrington Broadcasting.
- 2006: FCC approves Raycom's acquistion of Liberty
- 8/2005: Raycom Media acquires Liberty Corporation, pending FCC approval. In Toledo, Raycom already owns WNWO-TV 24 which will be sold off by Raycom.
- 2004: Parent company of Cosmos Broadcasting, Liberty Corp., becomes licensee.
- 1965: Purchased by Broadcast Company of the South, which later becomes Cosmos Broadcasting.
- 1962: Purchased by Filmways.
- 10/13/1958: Station signs on owned by Community Broadcasting Company. Primary affiliation is with CBS but the station also carries some ABC programming. Through 1970 when WDHO-TV 24 became a full-time ABC affiliate, Toledo's ABC programs are cleared on both WTOL and WSPD-TV 13 (WSPD-TV was a primary NBC affiliate).
Lucas County, OH