WTOM-TV Channel 4 Cheboygan
Simulcast of WPBN-TV Ch. 7 Traverse City
Slogan: TV 7&4
Web site: www.upnorthlive.com
E-mail: visit web site
- WPBN on TitanTV.com
- 4.1: NBC affiliate (HD)
- 4.2: ABC affiliate (WGTU, SD)
Power/Height: 78,000 watts / 551 feet, directional
- Service Area
Digital Channel: 35; PSIP maps to Ch. 4
More web sites about WPBN-TV/WTOM-TV:
More technical/engineering details:
Call Sign History:
Call Sign Origin: Top Of Michigan
Network Affiliation History:
- 1971: NBC
- 1959-91: NBC (primary) & ABC
On Air Date: 1959
Owner: Barrington Broadcasting
Telephone: (231) 947-7770
- 6/12/2009: Regular programming on analog channel 4 ends as the station moves to digital-only regular broadcasts on Channel 35. Through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display WTOM's virtual channel as 4.
- 6/2006: FCC approves sale of WPBN and WTOM from Raycom Media to Barrington Broadcasting.
- 3/2006: Announced that Raycom will be selling station to Barrington Broadcasting as part of a larger deal involving several other stations across the country.
- 19xx: Purchased by Raycom Media
- 19xx: Purchased by Beam Broadcasting
- 1980: Purchased by US Tobacco
- 1959: Station signs on becoming the first U.S. station to serve the eastern Upper Peninsula, owned by Les Beiderman. Programming was mostly a duplication of Beiderman's WPBN-TV 7 Traverse City although each station had its own newscast for a time.
Old logo gallery: