WTVG TV Channel 13 Toledo, OH
Slogan: 13 ABC
Web site: http://www.13abc.com
E-mail: visit web site
- WTVG on TitanTV.com
- 13.1: ABC affiliate (HD)
- 13.2: Live Well HD Network (ED)
- 13.3: Weather (SD)
Power/Height: 14,600 watts / 1002 feet
- Service Area
Digital Channel: 13
More web sites about WTVG:
More technical/engineering details:
Call Sign History:
- WTVG: 1979
- WSPD-TV: sign on, 1948
Network Affiliation History:
- 1995: ABC
- 1970: NBC
- 1958: NBC & ABC
- 1955: NBC, ABC, and CBS
- 1948: NBC, ABC, CBS, and Dumont
On Air Date: July 21, 1948
Owner: Lilly Broadcasting
Telephone: (419) 531-1313
- 11/2010: WJRT TV Ch. 12 Flint and WTVG TV Ch. 13 Toledo are sold by ABC/Disney to SJL Holdings; sale prices were $13.2M for WJRT and $16.8M for WTVG. Closing will return the stations to SJL which sold stations to ABC in 1995 when there was concern about the affiliation of WXYZ-TV Ch. 7 Detroit due to affiliate changes involving CBS and Fox in that market. The FCC approves the sale in February 2011 and it closes in April 2011.
- 6/12/2009: Regular programming on analog channel 13 ends as the station moves to digital-only regular broadcasts on Channel 13. Previously WTVG offered its digital broadcasts on Ch. 19.
- 8/2007: The FCC's final digital channel assignment report shows that WTVG will be using Channel 13 once the conversion to all-digital broadcasts is completed on February 17, 2009.
- 1996: Disney acquires ABC.
- 11/5/1995: WTVG Begins broadcasting ABC programming. WNWO (Channel 24), the previous Toledo ABC affiliate, picks up NBC programming.
- 10/1994: Announced that Capital Cities/ABC will be purchasing WTVG and moving ABC affiliation to Channel 13 from Channel 24. It was widely reported that ABC's purchase of WTVG and WJRT-TV 12 Flint was done to keep a VHF presence for the network near Detroit in the event of a possible affiliate switch by WXYZ TV 7 which was being courted by CBS after that network lost Channel 2 in Detroit to FOX.
- 1991: Media Communications Partners Limited Partnership purchases WTVG.
- 1987: Toledo Television Inc purchases station.
- 1984: Storer Broadcasting purchased Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), which was then forced to sell WTVG within 18 months due to ownership concentration with two other nearby stations being acquired by KKR, WJBK Detroit and WJW Cleveland.
- 1970: WDHO-TV 24 becomes Toledo's ABC affiliate leaving WSPD-TV as an affiliate of only NBC.
- 1958: WTOL-TV 11 signs on and becomes Toledo's CBS affiliate and also takes some ABC shows from WSPD-TV. Both WSPD-TV and WTOL-TV are secondary ABC affiliates.
- 1955: DuMont network shuts down.
- 7/21/1948: On air as WSPD-TV, owner is Storer Broadcasting which co-owned WSPD AM 1370. The station's primary affiliation was with NBC but as it was Toledo's only TV station, it also carried shows from CBS, ABC, and DuMont as well.
Lucas County, OH