WUPW TV Channel 36 Toledo, OH
Slogan: Fox Toledo
Web site: www.foxtoledo.com
E-mail: visit web site
- WUPW on TitanTV.com
- 36.1: FOX affiliate (HD)
Power/Height: 110,000 watts / 1168 feet, directional
- Digital Service Area
Digital Channel: 46; PSIP maps to Ch. 36
More web sites about WUPW:
More technical/engineering details:
Call Sign History:
- WUPW: 7/30/1985
- WDMA-TV: assigned 8/1/1983
Network Affiliation History: FOX
On Air Date: September 4, 1985 (regular programming 9/22/1985)
Owner: LIN Television
Telephone: (419) 244-3600
- 6/12/2009: Regular programming on analog channel 36 ends as the station moves to digital-only regular broadcasts on Channel 46. Through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display WUPW's virtual channel as 36.
- 8/2007: The FCC's final digital channel assignment report shows that WUPW will be using Channel 46 once the conversion to all-digital broadcasts is completed on February 17, 2009.
- 4/2002: FCC grants transfer of control to LIN TV
- 3/2002: Announced that station is being sold to LIN TV Corp by Sunrise TV
- 1/2002: Announced that LIN TV would take over operations of station under Local Marketing Agreement
- 1999: Raycom Media acquires Malrite Broadcasting, which owned WNWO-TV 24 Toledo, and sells WUPW to Sunrise Television as federal rules prevented Raycom from owning both WNWO and WUPW.
- 1996: Ellis Communications is merged into Raycom Media
- 1993: Purchased by Ellis Communications
- 9/1986: Becomes a charter member of the FOX network
- 9/4/1985: WUPW signs on as an independent; regular programming started on Sept. 22nd. The station was owned by a consortium made up of local investors and private companies.
Lucas County, OH