WWUP-TV Channel 10 Sault Ste Marie
Simulcast of WWTV-TV Ch. 9 Cadillac-Traverse City
Slogan: 9 & 10 News
Web site: www.9and10news.com
E-mail: visit web site
- WWTV on TitanTV.com
- 10.1: CBS affiliate (HD)
- 10.2: FOX affiliate (WFQX, SD)
Power/Height: 25,000 watts / 1214 feet
- Service Area
Digital Channel: 10
More web sites about WWTV/WWUP-TV:
More Technical Information:
Call Sign History: WWUP-TV, assigned 1/22/1962
Call Sign Origin: Upper Peninsula
Network Affiliation History: CBS
On Air Date: June 15, 1962
Owner: Heritage Broadcasting Group
Telephone: (231) 775-3478
- 7/2010: Construction permit for post-transition digital facilities modified from 20,700 watts to 25,000 watts. License to cover granted July, 2011.
- 6/12/2009: Analog programming on channel 10 ends as the station flash-cuts to digital on Channel 10. Prior to this date, WWUP-TV broadcast its digital transmission on companion channal 49.
- 8/2008: Construction permit granted for post-transition digital facilites on Channel 10.
- 1988: Heritage Broadcasing, headed by Mario Iacobelli, purchases 9&10.
- 1978: WWTV and WWUP-TV purchased by Ralph Wilson, owner of the Buffalo Bills.
- 1967: First broadcasts in color are aired.
- 1962: WWUP-TV Channel 10 Sault Ste Marie signs on as satellite station of WWTV Channel 9 Cadillac/Traverse City.